Company is a controller of the PII it processes in relation to its customers (i.e. users of the Services), vendors, service providers or partners.
YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH PII, HOWEVER, USE OF THE SERVICES REQUIRES THAT YOU PROVIDE PII. IF YOU CHOOSE TO WITHHOLD ANY PII REQUIRED IN RESPECT THEREOF, IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO USE THE SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
“PII” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier such as your IP address or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It.
Summary: We collect personal data about the users of the Services. We also collect personal data included in publicly available sources.
We use PII to provide and improve our Services, and to meet our contractual, ethical and legal obligations.
In order to provide and operate our Services and provide services in connection therewith, we collect and process PII, including the following types of information, divided here based on the applicable lawful basis for the processing:
1(a) Processing which is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (GDPR Article 6(1)(b)) OR Processing which is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Company is subject (GDPR Article 6(1)(c)):
- Your Information. When you register to use the Services we ask you to provide PII, including email address, and certain additional information when you subscribe to our Services or become an affiliate. We use this information to administer the Services, carry out our obligations, verify and carry out financial transactions, contact you for technical and administrative needs related to the Services, reply to queries and troubleshooting, detect and prevent fraud, compliance and audit purposes, of identity theft and more.
1(b) Processing which is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Company or by a third party (GDPR Article 6(1)(f)) of providing efficient and effective Services to our customers, or displaying ads, including:
- Usage Information. When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record information from your browser, including without limitation information and statistics about your online/offline status, your IP address, geolocation data (including country and city), browser identifiers, internet service provider, type of browser, your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. Our systems automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your browser on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. The Company uses all of the PII identified in this Section in order to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users, including recent visits to our Services and how you move around different sections of our Services for analytics purposes and in order to make our Services more intuitive.
- User Communications. When you send emails or other communications to the Company, we retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services. We will send you newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of the list at any time by submitting a request at the following link.
- Physical Prizes. When you take part in our community challenges you may be required to provide us with a valid shipping address to receive physical prizes.
- Aggregate and Analytical Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the customers of the Services, we may conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, suppliers and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. We also use aggregate data for monetization.
In order to collect the data described herein we use temporary cookies that remain on your browser for a limited period of time. We also use persistent cookies that remain on your browser/device until the Company’s Services are removed, in order to manage and maintain the Services and record your use of the Services. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your browser. Cookies do not damage your browser/device. Most browsers/devices allow you to block cookies but you may not be able to use some features on the Services if you block them. You may set most browsers/devices to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not). We also use web beacons via the Services to collect information. Web beacons or “gifs”, are electronic images that are used in our Services or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Personalized and Interest Based Ads. Our Services may in the future include interest based ads, which means advertisements we believe that may be valuable to you, based on the PII provided to us. Such ads may be placed by us or our third party affiliates and service providers.
- No Unauthorized Minor Data. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with their PII without their parents or legal guardians’ consent, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
Summary: We transfer your PII to third parties who assist us in providing the Services. We have a contract with those third parties to govern their processing on our behalf. We may also transfer PII to comply with any obligations by which we are bound or to an investor or in connection with a merger or acquisition or similar transaction.
We periodically add and remove third party providers. At present our third-party providers to whom we may transfer PII include also the following:
- Cloud computing providers, such as AWS;
- Business partners. such as Overwolf;
- Data security, data backup, and data access control systems;
- Our lawyers, accountants, and other standard business software and partners.
- Data Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Summary: We retain PII only for as long as necessary to meet our contractual, legal and ethical obligations, which for different types of PII will be different periods.
- Company will retain PII in accordance with its record retention policy. PII associated with the users of the Services will be retained only for as long as required for the Services, or until requested to be deleted. Company performs periodic reviews of our databases, and have established specific time limits for data retention, based on the criticality of th
- e PII and the purposes of the data processing. We will also retain PII to meet any audit, compliance and business best-practices.
- Right of Access and Rectification. Data subjects have the right to know what PII we collect about them and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it; that information is made available here in this policy. We allow data subjects the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated.
- Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. Data subjects have the right to delete their PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny such requests if the PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. Data subjects have the right to withdraw their consent to the processing of their PII, where the processing is based on consent. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing the PII based on consent obtained before its withdrawal, or processing based on other legal bases.
- Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, data subjects have the right to ask to transfer their PII in accordance with their right to data portability, if required pursuant to applicable law.
Data subjects may exercise the above rights by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to Lodge Complaint. Data subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of their PII.
Note that we may have to undertake a process to identify a Data Subject exercising their rights, and we will keep details of such rights exercised for our compliance and audit requirements. PII may be either deleted or retained in an aggregated manner without being linked to any identifiers or Personal Data, depending on technical commercial capability. Such information may continue to be used by Company
Do Not Track Notices. You are also advised that Company does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Last Date Updated: April 4, 2023.